Work With Us
If you are interested in employment opportunities within the Trust, please email your CV to email@example.com.
Vacancies in each of our schools are listed here, as well as on their websites.
The Learning Trust
Category: Support Staff
Careers Advisor - Term Time, Temporary (until 31st August 2022 in the first instance)
Term Time only (excluding INSET days) 30 hours per week Monday - Friday
Grade 5 (range £19,698 - £21,748 pro-rata)
Queen's Park High School and Chester International School are seeking to appoint a term time Careers Advisor from September 2021. The post will focus on managing the careers provision in both schools (which share The Learning Trust's Queen's Park Campus), including the co-ordination of work experience opportunities for KS4 and KS5 students.
Both schools are looking to work collaboratively with the postholder to ensure that together they build a strong network of links with local employers to facilitate pertinent careers advice and work experience opportunities. Time will be split equally between QPHS and CIS (15 hours per week in each school).
The postholder will need to be flexible and dynamic in co-ordinating information from a range of local and regional stakeholders as both schools look to enhance their engagement with the local labour market. Whilst both schools will operate their provision slightly differently, core responsibilities will include:
- To provide CEIAG to KS4 and KS5 students, working with school staff and outside agencies as appropriate
- To be responsible for the delivery of the schools' work experience programmes and work related learning opportunities
- To set up, monitor and support work placements
- Liaison with subject staff to support the delivery of the Gatsby Benchmarks
Qualifications, skills and personal qualities required include:
- Minimum standard of education to Level 3 including Grade A*-C in GCSE English and Maths
- A Diploma in Careers Guidance or other relevant careers qualification at Level 6
- Proven administrative skills experience including problem solving, taking initiative and sharing information to work as an effective team player within an organisation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build links between the education and employment sectors
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of working within an educational environment
- A good understanding of Microsoft 365 software packages and social media platforms
- A positive role model with a commitment to the ethos and educational values of the school
- Good organisational and time management skills with evidence of ability to manage own workload and to work indepdendently
- The ability to work flexibly and to respond efficiently and effectively to need
- A solution focused approach
An application form and further information can be found at Queen’s Park High School - Vacancies (qphs.cheshire.sch.uk)
Closing date: 9am on 19th May 2021. Interviews will be held the following week.
If you would like any further information about the post, please contact Andrea Nancollas firstname.lastname@example.org
Christleton High School
|Support Staff||Science Technician||View details|